30 September 2009
23 September 2009
16 September 2009
It started innocently with some Nintendo 64. Played some Mario Party 2 & 3. And then, the boyfriend brought Mario Party to my house. It lives at my apartment. It gets played.
And then, Beatles Rock Band. Lots of playing. Fun times.
Then, this weekend, boyfriend brought his Wii to live at my apartment. Danger, Will Robinson, Danger. My favorite game which prompted the APOW?
I play in my free time to get better so that I can actually win!
10 September 2009
I know it's been a while since I've had a good update, so I'm going to give it to you straight and give it to you right now.
I love fall. I was just thinking about how fall can symbolize change, new beginnings, and freshness. There's a lot of that going on in life right now.
- I started my class at the U of M this week. I'm excited for learning and to be in the classroom again. So far I'm even excited about homework, but we'll see how long that actually lasts!
- Nick and I are looking for a church and we've found a potential that we're really excited about. It's a church plant in the Twin Cities "proper" area. We met with the pastor and his wife this week and are excited to attend their first service kicking off their weekly services.
- TV shows are returning and starting up. I'm not going as all out as I have in the past, but I'm excited for Gossip Girl, The Amazing Race, and Survivor, along with a few other ones possibly thrown in (still trying to decide about America's Next Top Model...)
- I'm starting up volunteering this week at a place I used to go to weekly. I'm excited to be there on Thursday nights from 5-7pm and use my Spanish skills.
- Tutoring starts up for the 3rd year in a row this month and I'm excited to see some old students and new ones and see what subjects I'll be immersing myself in this year.
So much is happening! I hope you are doing well whether things are business as usual, the start of a new school year, or something else. Tell me what you're up to!
Oh, also, in honor of Gossip Girl beginning this coming Monday and my immense love for Chuck Bass, I found this video of Ed Westwick (aka Chuck Bass) on Jimmy Fallon. Check it out here
09 September 2009
This week's APOW comes in honor of interpretation. Yesterday I began my first class toward earning a certificate in Interpration and Translation. The class is Introduction to Interpreting. I've already learned (gasp!) plenty - and am getting used to a 3-hour night class that meets once a week, something that I always avoiding during my college days.
As a plug, if you ever need an interpreter or translator for Spanish or English, I'm your man, er, girl. Soon enough, I'll have the schooling to prove it!