28 December 2004

Christmas Weekend

Well, it seems that Christmas weekend and a majority of the festivities that come with Christmas are now done. Friday was spent in lots of practicing and hanging out - my mom was in charge of a Christmas Eve drama and so then I was involved as one of the servants in "Bethlehem Inn," the inn where Mary and Joseph end up staying. It's a cool perspective to get on the story of the birth of Jesus. Anyway, that was our service on Friday night. Afterwards we opened stockings with the family.

On Saturday, we went to church and I played violin with a bunch of other people. After church we ate lunch and opened presents with the family. Lately, that seems to be rather anti-climactic to me - when I was little, it always felt like there were sooo many presents to open, and now there were just a few, and I don't care about presents as much as I used to. I like hanging out with family, talking, eating good food, and laughing, but the presents don't trip my trigger as much as they used to. Anyway, that night the Van Wyks came to play Court Whist which is a crazy card game where the rules keep changing.

On Sunday we had church in the morning again and then my grandparents and aunt came over for lunch. Jack made profession of faith in church, which was really cool. Then we hung out with family, talked a lot, ate some more, watched some movies. After everyone left, I headed to my room and started writing - which was exciting, because I hadn't been writing much lately. I also read through a lot of my works in progress and realized I still don't know what to do next with the plot! :)

Yesterday, my mom and I went to a wedding shower for Allison Van Wyk - it was a lot of fun with about 10-12 ladies. Then I went to work to do some SCL training (Supported Community Living). Then we went to my grandparents' house for family Christmas with the Maatmans - we hung out, ate some food, got gifts from the grandparents, and played the gift game, which I'm not so fond of, but it's all we can think of to do something with the family.

Now it's Tuesday. Plans? I need to go to the library. I work at 10. It's my parents' anniversary and I need to figure out if I'm going to do something for them or not. Other than that, I don't really have anything else going. It's a nice, balanced break - I'm glad I have stuff to do today, but I'm glad it's not jam-packed, also.

hasta luego

No comments: