22 September 2006

Comfort Zone?

Everyone has a comfort zone. Everyone has a line that makes them uncomfortable if they cross it. This week I found my line.

This program is fond of interviews. Of people you don't know. Out on the streets. Last weekend we had to do 3 while in Limón. This Monday, we had to do 3 in San José. For my conversation class today, I had to do a minimum of two. For next week, I have to do 2 with Nicaraguan immigrants.

I don't like interviews. I don't like approaching people I don't know and asking questions they may or may not want to answer.

That's my vent. You'll probably hear more from me on Monday, when I've done all the required interviews and maybe feeling a bit more optimistic. At the moment, I'm not feeling it!

(but I do feel the need to tell you that I had fresh pineapple for breakfast this morning, which totally made my day, because it was DELICIOUS)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I had my first fresh pineapple in Honduras. Now I won't touch the canned stuff. Yummy!