25 September 2006

I've Been Renamed!

There’s an old spiritual song… “I’ve been redeemed.” Except the song in my head is more to the tune of “I’ve Been Renamed.”

How? Three times this weekend, my host family called me “Michelle” instead of Nicole. At first I thought it was just a slip of the tongue – after all, they’ve had countless students in their home. But then, I finally asked, “Who’s Michelle?” To which my family replied “We don’t even know anyone named Michelle!” Even funnier, both my host mom and dad did it separately without realizing the other had done it.

So, now my family calls me Michelle just for the fun of it. But it’s still Nicole a lot of the time. And sometimes, it’s Nicole Maria!

If anything, it’s a great sign to me that I’m starting to fit in with the family and things are going well. That makes me smile.

I hope you have things that can make you smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey michelle.. it sounds like things are going pretty well for you! I can't wait for christmas break.. when we can all hang out! fun!
Have a good week shithead!

Andrea said...

Trebuchet MS font in the color gray makes me smile. And you being called Michelle.