07 March 2007

...oh, heresy

So, today I realized that my Heresies class is pretty hilarious. So, in honor of his hilarity, here are a few encounters with the class, many which involve the professor....

Encounter 1: Professor: "And where do you place the Bible?"
Student: "On the head of Judaism and the butt of Catholicism."

Encounter 2: Professor: "How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?"
(students have no idea how to answer)
Professor: "Depends on what kind of dance."

Encounter 3: Professor: "Calvin says, are we born equal? No, we are not!"

Encounter 4: (premise: discussion on the feeding of the 5,000 and whether or not Jesus fed exactly 5,000 people)
Student: "No, it wasn't exactly 5,000."
Professor: "How do you know?"
Student: "I was there."

Encounter 5: Mark: "I just performed a miracle. I could be a saint!"
Tim: "Does that mean we get to kill you?"

As you can see, the class offers a lot of interesting interaction. It makes up for some of the experience we experience at times. Maybe it's geeky theology humor, but it makes me smile.

1 comment:

Justine Teresa said...

i love the last one...very nice. :) reminds me of greek...sniff..