20 March 2009

thoughts about the job

So I'm here at work thinking about my job. I like it. Some interesting information for you about my job.

1. Next week both of the coworkers that I work with will be out of the country. One will be in Scotland and the other in Nepal. I will be flying solo for quite a bit.

2. No one really knows what exactly our name is. I glanced at the checks written today. They should be made out to "Family & Children's Service" or "FCS". 4 checks, 4 different choices: Family and Children Service. Children and Family Services. CFS. Family and Children Services. You all lose. Good thing the bank will still take the check!

3. I really like helping people. Whether it's helping them get a room set-up, giving them another appointment, or showing them how to take the bus to get to the Co-op, I really enjoy it!

4. My job will be changing in the next few weeks. In a week and a half I will start to learn how to verify insurance benefits. It will be a long process, but an exciting change in what I will be doing and another added challenge.

**I should add two more things here:

5. I love my coworkers (yes, K, that includes you!) If it weren't for them, I don't think I would stick around at the job. They make all the difference. (Just ask for crazy stories about lady friends, parking spaces, or Fabio...)

6. I love cleaning at work. Today I cleaned out our fridge and managed to take home a plunder of celery, blueberry pie, butter, and yogurt, all fresh and unclaimed after numerous warnings of a fridge purging. Made my day to come home with free food!


There you have it! A few tidbits about a job that I really enjoy and that keeps me around.

1 comment:

K and/or K said...

I guess your #5. (Kelly!) didn't get published. Oops! :-) Congrats on your promotion!