04 April 2009

find it, make it, do it.

Here in the Great White North (aka Minnesota), one of our news stations is WCCO. I was watching the other day and they had an ad for themselves. So, it was basically a montage of people doing things - playing in the park, working at a job, talking on the phone. The point of the ad was something to the effect of: Find what you love, make it your passion, do it passionately.

It struck me how much of a difference it can make in your life to be doing something that you enjoy or something you love. And while you can't always snap your fingers and do what you're passionate about, the little things make a big difference.

For me, I love Spanish. I would use it nonstop if I could. I am passionate about Spanish to the point where I watch all movies with Spanish subtitles, put my cell phone in Spanish, change the language on my e-mail account, and think/journal/pray in Spanish.

I've decided that means that I need to take the next step in "doing it passionately" (please don't distort that phrase into something else...) I'm not quite sure what that means yet, but it will mean something. Hold me to that.

2 comments:

jack. said...

it starts with an N and ends in icaragua!

Sabrina said...

It was awesome meeting you last night! Sorry you had to sit next to Kyle.
Great game huh? (!)