01 March 2010

In Memory

Last week we unexpectedly lost my aunt Becky, at age 55. She had a life-long struggle with diabetes and was on the brink of going through treatment that might help ease or even end that struggle.

My aunt was a loving, vibrant woman. She spent time tutoring missionary children in both Mexico and Costa Rica. She was the aunt I had conversations in Spanish with. She was the one I wanted to sit next to at big holiday dinners because the conversation would inevitably turn political, and I would at least agree with her.

She will be missed by many, especially my grandparents, who have now survived two of their daughters. Their pain is tangible, their tears difficult to bear. They loved their daughters and never expected to live more years than they.

My brother made a video of pictures for her memorial service this weekend. It's great to watch her grow up and enjoy her life. You can view it here.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry about your aunt, Nikki. My prayers are with you. Love you!

Sabrina said...

I am so sorry to hear that. It is so hard losing someone close to you. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.