15 April 2006

how I miss them..

did you ever watch Carmen Sandiego on the PBS channels? Or Ghostwriter? Saved by the Bell, when it was good? Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, Picture Perfect.

Sometimes I think they don't make awesome shows like they used to. Even some awesome ones before I was born. M*A*S*H, Petticoat Junction, Family Affair, Welcome Back Kotter...they used to show these on TVLand all the time, before they decided it wasn't cool to show them. I love them. There were so cool. M*A*S*H is the only one that I see on air anymore, so sad.

What shows did you grow up with, that you miss? What shows have you seen that you think should still be showing? Any show that was short-lived that you thought should have made it? I have my list of modern shows that should have made it, too:

Dark Angel
John Doe
Now & Again
JAG
...so many more

Maybe I'm a TV addict. It's been said before. But there's something about a well-made show with an amazing knack for humor that really lifts your spirits at time. MASH is like that, good humor, basically clean, actually sends a message/opinion, and seemingly timeless. Can't go wrong with that.

Mm. Hook me up with some more of that good, classic tv.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I Love Lucy
Bewitched
more Boy Meets World

Nikki said...

yay :) Boy meets World. Older and newer episodes. We should have a Boy Meets World party.

Wesley said...

i LOVED carmen sandiego!