07 April 2006

letting go...

It's done. Our massive fundraiser for the public library is officially done. We had massive amounts of people, more than we expected, even after raising our numbers. Our estimates are somewhere around 250-300 people. We used almost 72 pounds of meat. More tomatoes than I can count on my ten fingers. I cut two fingers and burned my thumb. Thought my legs would fall out when I finally went home. We made more than we expected and are excited to give the library a lovely donation.

In other news, when I came home from the church, my body decided that now it was okay to get sick. Luckily, it wasn't this bad during the meal. But, my sore throat from that morning came back in full swing, along with a stuff nose and a bit of the chills.

So, hello vitamin c, echinacea, and dimetapp. I slept good, I tell you. I should sleep for 9 hours more often. Don't tell my prof I didn't get my homework done. I'm planning on explaining everything to him and I think he'll understand...he was there last night.

So, for those of you who came to the dinner, thanks, I love you! Things went so well...although I don't think I want to do a massive fundraiser for a few years....:)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

It was the best $3 I've spent in a long time!