27 May 2006

26k internet equals:

Nikki won't be posting much. Slow dial-up internet pretty much decided that. That, and I found out that weekends are pretty much the only times that I'll be able to get on the internet. So, this is a rare occasion (a guess. i'll probably prove myself wrong...)

So, anyway, here I sit in my boss's office working on the internet. it's a weekend and that's how it goes, they say.

I came to camp on Monday for some lifeguard training. the first day of class, they tell us that we're going to do a swim test that's required for certification. 10 laps (a lap is "there and back") in an olympic sized pool. front crawl and breast stroke only. i get through two laps and discover there's no way that i'm going to be able to do this.

so another girl and I have been hanging out at camp without much of anything to do, since we can't be lifeguards. but, it's been a really good time to get to know the people that are here, to establish a relationship, and get a head-start on some of the basic rules for camp (music, attire, internet, cleaning, living, etc). We're also only 30-40 min away from Sioux Falls, so we've trekked out there a few times. Last night we went to SF to go to someone's house and Wal-Mart. Tonight we might go over there to watch a movie.

So, it's definitely been good so far. All of the summer staff will be here on Sunday night, when we have a picnic and begin orientation stuff. We have two weeks of orientation and our first week of campers starts on June 12th. I'm pretty excited to get started with all of this stuff!

So, you might not hear from me for a while - if anything, you'll hear from me on the weekend of June 17th, when I know I'm going home. Birthday celebration, baby!!

Hope you're all doing well.

No comments: