09 May 2006

like a child on Christmas morning...

It's like it's Christmas Eve...and on Christmas morning, the good stuff comes.

Tomorrow I leave for California to visit Jack and Jazz. I'm there for a week. (You might hear from me while I'm there). Plans include San Juan Capistrano, the beach, hiking, some shopping, maybe a little Jay Leno, probably some other stuff. I get to see Herman, the three-legged wonder!!

Today is my last day of work with Hope Haven for a while. I'm excited to see my last kid for a while, maybe do some hammock fun, go to the park, just hang out a lot. I love this kid. I'm going to miss him. I won't see him until December probably. Sigh.

I got to translate for a head start program last night. It was really quite exciting. Parents came in for the parent meetings and I translated what the teacher say to update them on their child. I was excited to have some real-life Spanish action and they were excited to be able to communicate with the hispanic parents. Ah, how I love the Spanish language. And I love Hispanics, because they are usually nice and help me with my Spanish proficiency, as well. Top that off with a bunch of mom-translating in Spanish for her work, and I've been swamped in thoughts about California and Spanish. Hooray. Huzzah.

Being unlike Xanga (which is a good thing generally), Blogger doesn't have the "Currently Reading/Listening to" option. Which I don't mind, except right now I'm going to share with you.

Currently Reading: Wicked: The LIfe and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West
By: Gregory Maguire

Wow. Crazy book. It's all starting to come together. 80 pages out of 406 to go.

Hooray for summer reading. Hurray for summer vacations! Hurray for no homework, no tests, no papers, no exams! Hurray for visits to the public library! Hooray for sleeping until 8 in the morning. Hooray for spelling hurray differently!

No comments: