01 July 2006

work.

hello.

it's a work weekend for me. 2 weekends this summer, I hang out and clean, set tables, clean bathrooms, etc. lifeguard a bit at the pool. not such a rough life, but no sleeping in. sad.

it was another good week at lodge camp. we had a lot of sickness, but the week got better after wednesday.

i think i'm getting sick. i have a sore throat that hasn't gone away since i woke up four hours ago. i'll keeping drinking liquids.

next week i'll be doing "buildings and grounds" duties instead of counselor, since we have less kids than we initially anticipated. part of my time i'll also be "counselor backup". it will be a different change of pace, but probably a well-needed change of pace.

next weekened we have a "staff development" weekend. not sure what it all entails, but I know that means we all have to hang out here for the weekend.

so, that's what's up. i'm over halfway through my stint here at camp. 5 weeks to go. it's been a wonderful experience so far. keep writing me those letters - they help tremendously.

hasta.

No comments: