14 December 2006

Trying to leave Central America...and they won't let me leave!

Okay, so it's not as scary as it sounds on the title.

I'm in Guatemala City, hanging out in the airport, using free wireless, and waiting impatiently because the connection is slow and flaky. But it works, so I'm not going to complain too much. And it's free, which is rare now in US airports. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 2:55, but it is now leaving at 4:04, putting our arrival into Miami about 45 minutes late. Ultimately, it's not that big of a deal. We're spending Friday and Saturday in Miami for re-entry, beach visits, and a isit to Little Havana, but it would be nice to get there instead of just sitting around in the airport.

My trip to Guatemala was amazing. For 4 1/2 days I worked at a center for malnourished children, playing with them, loving on them, and just plain helping out. It was amazing. I've never seen more malnourished kids in my life, but they were also amazingly happy. Go here
for some amazing pictures!

Tomorow we go to South Beach for the day and have a talent show at night. On Saturday we're having "re-entry" orientation as well as a visit to LIttle Havana. Sunday I fly home, hopefully getting in at 6pm if stand-by works out well!

You can call me cell phone anytime after 8pm tonight, if you're one of "those" people. If I don't answer, I'm busy. But leave me a message and I'll get it!

Jehovah Jaira and much blessings.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

You're in the same country as me!!!