06 December 2008

bits and pieces, odds and ends

It's been a really long time since I've posted.

First, I want to share that I went to Chicago over Thanksgiving and it was FANTASTIC! I got to see my chicas from my semester abroad once more and we hung out in Allison's studio apartment, went salsa dancing, went to see Wicked, checked out the city, ate deep dish stuffed pizza, and more. It was a great weekend. Check out some of the pictures from the weekend here.

Secondly, well, I guess it's time to drop the ball. About 2 months ago I met a boy. We dated. This week we stopped dating. For the most part, I am coming around and saying that it was for the best. It was definitely a difficult decision to make (his to make), but in the end, I think I would have made the same decision. It's been interesting going through all the stages...angry, sad, regretful, questioning, angry again.

Now that it's done, I'm still glad that it happened. I'm glad because now I've had my first relationship. Now I know some more about things that I am and am not looking for in a guy. And the truth is, I think we will still be able to be friends in the end of all of this. I am hopeful for that.

These flowers that my parents sent to give me a "boost" yesterday, are also getting me into the holiday spirit:

Thanks, Mom and Dad! They are now the replacement for my Christmas tree in my apartment :)

1 comment:

K and/or K said...

You saw Wicked? Lucky! I cannot watit to hear about this in person on Sunday.