17 June 2009

Music City

Hi Friends. Last night I returned from a birthday vacation to Music City - Nashville, TN. I had a fabulous time. A good friend of mine from my semester in Costa Rica lives there. I stayed with her and her family, who is super fun. They are fantastic jokers, teasers, and full of snarkiness. My kind of people.

Friday we had lunch with Hayley's brother and then went shopping. Hayley took me on a mini shopping spree for my birthday, where we found a salsa dancing outfit for that evening. That night we went salsa dancing, VIP thanks to her boyfriend! I don't have pictures of that, but I hope to get them soon.

Saturday we went hiking with the family at Fall Creek Falls. That was a great time, minus a pulled muscle, which is now recovered.

Sunday we went to the Adventure Science Center, a science museum for kids. It was a good time, we made some fun out of it!This is our ride on the simulated moon walk. It was a load of fun, plus nice to have the paparazzi there to take our picture :)
Here we are at the top of the glass pyramid in the Adventure Science Center. We climbed and shimmied our way to the top, through a maze made for kids. We were successful! You can see Nashville in the background.

Monday was my BIRTHDAY! We went for brunch in the morning, which was fantastic. Then we headed over to Brushfire, a paint your pottery store. We spent almost 3 hours there painting to the max. I can't wait to see how mine turns out. Then we had a birthday dinner, courtesy of Hayley's mom - pork chops, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, green beans, baked beans, rolls, and finished off with double chocolate fudge cake and vanilla ice cream - yum!
Here is the amazing birthday cake. With a "2" candle and 4 small candles to symbolize 24!

Yesterday I made my way home. Instead of taking the flight I was supposed to and arriving at 2pm in Minneapolis, I took a bump. They gave me a flight voucher, put me in first class seats for the 2 new flights, and coupons to have free lunch while I waited.

All in all, it was a fantastic birthday vacation. My hosts were amazing and the activities were fun.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Sounds like you had a fab time!! Fun Fun Fun!