05 October 2006

Call me a Liar

No one told us there might be internet cafés in this country too. Okay, so I guess that's not rocket science, but here I am.

I'm in the northern region of Nicaragua in a small town called Condega. Tomorrow I'll be picked up with three other girls by a church leader and taken to a small town a little more north called Ocotal, where I'll be staying with a family by myself for 5 days. Then, on Wednesday, I'll be traveling to Granada for the day, on Thursday we'll go to Managua, and then on Friday we go back to Costa Rica.

It's really a whirlwind of a trip when I think about it, and this trip has made me realize that Costa Rica has started to become home for me while I'm gone for the semester. I think about going "home" to see my family, who even said they would miss me while I was gone. Nicole, Michelle, or whatever they want to call me, I felt loved.

It's been a good, eye-opening trip so far. So much has happened in the four short days since I've been out of Costa Rica, I wouldn't even know where to begin. The best way is to probably wait until I get back, post some pictures online with captions, and let the pictures be worth a thousand words, as they say.

It's hot in Nicaragua, if you didn't know. Sticky and hot and humid, I haven't sweat so much since it was hot at camp this summer. I know I'll appreciate Costa Rica weather even more.

Healthy stomach so far. More on how that turns out later. I think I mean it this time when I say that I won't post again until I get back, but who knows?

Please be doing well. For those of you at Dordt, enjoy tri-state!

No comments: