30 October 2006

From one trip to another...

Hello friends. I'm back from my Fall Break, resting a bit and reflecting. It was a wonderful break and a wonderful change of pace.

On Thursday, we headed out to "Volcán Arenal," translated "Sandy Volcano". There, we saw the volcano at night with some cool orange lava rock action, then we went to some hot springs, which ranged from 93 - 156 degrees (F). It was an amazing experience.

On Friday, we began making our way to Monteverde, a rustic, green, and beautiful area of Costa Rica. Once there, we found our hotel, a lovely, out of the way hotel run by a German couple. We hung out for a while and then headed to supper, finding a great Pizza place in town.

On Saturday morning, we were picked up by a van and we headed out to do a Canopy tour. A canopy tour is a system of cables and platforms above the cloud forest (a forest that naturally has loads of clouds at the top). We went on 15 ziplines, 19 platforms, and a tarzan swing (I'm sure you can imagine what that entails). It was an amazing experience, and we felt like we were flying over the top of the forest!

After the canopy tour, we explored a suspended bridge system in the same park. That afernoon we hung out for a while and then found supper in town.

On Sunday morning, I decided to go horseback riding. After hearing that it was an option, I decided I would go, even if no one else went. So, I did, and it ended up being a tour with just me and my guide. I went on a 2 and a half hour horseback ride!

Afterwards, we ate at the "Treehouse Café" and then headed back to San José.

Tomorrow, we leave for Panama, including an 18-hour bus trip! So, next time you hear, you'll get to see Panama pictures and hear more. To see my Fall Break pictures, check it out here

So, until next weekend when I return from Panama, enjoy some picture viewing!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hi!
*hug*

Andrea said...

I got your postcard today! Sweet!