20 October 2006

Papers, Readings, and Better Things to Do

I forgot what it's like to have a paper due and want to do everything else but that.

I have a 7-10 page paper due at 8am on Monday morning. Also a two-page non-related paper due at that time. Also some readings due at that time. By 5pm that day, I have to have a revised thesis and outline for a group presentation. By Wednesday at 8am, we have to have our group presentation ready to go.

It's been a busy few days. I spend 4 hours on and off yesterday trying to tackle my paper. It's currently at 5 1/2 pages and I need to write some more. Oh, and did I mention that all of this is in Spanish?

I find myself wanting to go places with people, wanting to buy things, wanting to go to the internet, wanting to hang out with my family, spend time with classmates...anything to not do my paper. It doesn't matter what country you're in, you still want to do everything but...!

In other news, my shirt is soaked. I lost the art of umbrella dodging and got soaked!

Tomorrow I get to go to a wedding with my family. I'm excited about that and will be interested to see how it is and what it's like. Apparently it will include crazy dancing. This I like.

Side note, the people on either side of me at the internet café are looking at wedding information and wedding dresses...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

No pressure, right? Spilled any coffee lately???