24 November 2006

Crazy Weather

Well, I'm sitting in the LASP office, checking my e-mail in between class activities. It's FRIDAY, hallelujah!

Hopefully you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Mine was celebrated with 2 Americans, a Canadian, and a Costa Rican. We had turkey, cranberry jelly, stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, salad, apple pie, and ice cream. It was amazing. It was a nice way to spend time together and relax.

In other news, the weather has been cold, windy, and just as unpredictable as if I were in Iowa. On Wednesday, the temperature was 53 degrees Fahrenheit, which is the coldes it's been in over 12 years here. With no heat and temperatures over 65 on a regular basis, the cold and wind combination was a shock to everyone. Costa Ricans walked around wearing winter coats, gloves, and scarves.

In other wonderful weather news, I'm headed to the beach tomorrow for a day and a half, which I'm very excited about.

There will be more pictures posted on Flickr soon - pictures from Thanksgiving, Flat Stanley, the Beach and other fun stuff (including my host family). More on that later. There are just over three weeks left, I can hardly believe it.

Hope you're doing well. The barage of homework threatens.

1 comment:

Denise said...

glad to hear that stanley made it safe and sound! :D