11 November 2006

Panama

Hello Friends!

It’s been a while since you’ve heard from me. Things have been wild over here, moving from one thing to another. Last week Tuesday we left for Panama and came back early yesterday morning, just before 5 in the morning.

My trip to Panama was amazing. After a day in Panama City, we went to two different indigenous islands off the Northeastern coast of Panama. I went to the island of Goetupu, where I stayed with an amazing host family and learned a lot about love and community and giving. There aren’t enough words to describe my experience, but you can always look at the pictures here. The first 18 pictures of the album are of Panama.

Not much else is new here besides coming back from my trip to Panama. It felt great to be back in San José and hang out at the house yesterday, washing clothes, getting things done, and hanging out with my family.

Next week I travel to Nicaragua to hang out with my mom for a weekend. I’m really excited for the trip and can’t wait for Thursday again.

Hope you’re all doing well. I’ll be home in just over a month.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Iowa weather update: Wednesday was 80 degrees. Thursday night it snowed.

Enjoy your time with Mom!