28 August 2006

martes

tomorrow is the day.

i'm not sure what else to say. i leave tomorrow for costa rica, jump on a few planes and get on over there. i'm basically ready, except for a few packing things yet. it's been a good past few days, so i feel like it was worth being around for peoples' re-arrival at Dordt.

tuesday night included a fun sleepover in sioux city, hammock and all. thursday included an airport pickup in omaha, overnight in a shady hotel, shopping, another airport pickup (friday). Friday included a wonderful girls' night, leaving my friends in style! the weekend included a lot of hanging out, movie watching, mcdonald's run, and everything that equals college.

sunday was a great service, hangout with the fam, singing in praiseteam, playing in the offertory, and hanging out with the family again. today is a lot of things to make me feel better: clean my apartment so I come home to a clean place, finish packing, visit people galore I promised I would see before I left, and all sorts of good stuff.

tomorrow at 5am, I wake up to prepare to leave, then I leave by 5:45. so, while you're sleeping soundly in your beds, dream of my, flying on a plane!

you'll hear more from me when i'm there. i'm sure i'll have internet access, so I plan on keeping all ya'll updated.

Until then...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Safe travels, my friend. And make sure when you go through customs, you can properly pronounce the name of your destination.

Rachel:) said...

Hey 2-Ks I hope that you had safe travels abroad! Enjoy your time! Savor the moments.. adjust to the culture, blend, learn, explore, enjoy and take home new thoughts and ideas. Your feelings about leaving are totally normal! You will ahve an amzazing time! i know it!