26 April 2010

Drive-by entertainment

This past weekend, Nick and I drove down to surprise my parents with a visit. My mom is recovering from surgery and we wanted to spend some time with the family.

When we arrived, my dad said, "Want to help move some pianos?" Sure!

On Saturday, we spent a big chunk of the daylight moving things out of Grandma's house, which will be put up for sale in the near future. One of the projects was to move her piano to my parents' house. In order to that, we first needed to move our piano out of the house into the garage (for someone to hopefully come and take for free). After that, we went back to Grandma's and moved the piano from outside into the back of a pick-up.

My mom had always said that it would be fun to play the piano as it was being moved, but she was at home working on surgery recovery, so I took her place instead. My dad slowly drove the short 2-block trip from Grandma's to their house as I played on the way (Amazing Grace, the only song that would come to me at the moment!).


Luckily, it was garage sale weekend in Sioux Center, so we had lots of spectators as we drove along!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

A musical parade! Sweet!

Sabrina said...

You are so darn cute!