10 January 2006

Start of the Semester and other comments...

So, the semester officially started today. That included a visit to the rec center to surrender my money in order to attend the beautiful college. I've had two classes so far, so I'm still pretty jazzed up for the semester - Hper 10 (laugh all you want - we've all had to take it...), and then Hispanic Literature, which I'm excited for because I love literature and I love the Spanish language. What a combination...

Tomorrow I have Issues in Missions and Evangelism, Greek 102, Major World Religions, Spanish Phonology, and Spanish Conversation. In that order, with a 2 hour break in there. During that break I plan to eat and get groceries for baking with the GEMS.

Now, I'm killing time until I work. As of right now, I have a break from 11:30-3:15 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I don't plan on that lasting - I imagine that it will be taken up by other things once my ASK Schedule gets set.

Moving on to other non-school comments:

I drove to Sioux Falls twics in three days, first two times I'd ever driven to Sioux Falls. Picked people up from the aeropuerto, good to see people, people I love, people I've missed. They were good excursions.

I feel the need to retract my prior comment on the fact that I don't want to get involved in foreign missions and that I only want to do local missions, if that's what I do. The more I think about it and talk with people, I understand that I may not want to do it, but that doesn't mean I won't eventually do it. We'll see where the Lord leads me in my journey, but I'm lately feeling like he's smiling, saying, you may not want to go abroad in order to stay close to your family, but I've got different plans for you. Like he says in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."

So if that prospering hope and future means spending significant time away from my family, hanging out with people of different cultures and showing God through every way possible, then that's what I'll do.

So, if you ask me in the near future what I'm planning on doing after college, I still won't know. But here are some things that will be included in my list of possibilities: overseas missionary, local missionary, work with Wycliffe Bible translators, translation, work with a missions org. by way of organization, work in a church...and the list goes on. I imagine I'll be involved in more than one of these things over the course of my life.

So there you have it. What I'm really thinking.

1 comment:

Kunnari said...

nice blog. Wycliffe has summer short term experiences overseas if you are interested I'll tell you more.

are you excited for orchestra as you are about your spanish class?