11 January 2006

This is bad...

Ahh! Lacking motivation and it's only the 2nd day of classes. Got a few pages to read for my Spanish lit classes. Granted, I'm excited for the class, just not for the intro to literature. Wondering is I can get away with not reading it...realizing that I can't...moving on to the realization that I will have about half an hour between Hper 10 and the class to do the reading. Good. I feel better now.

In other news. I've been reading an amazingly powerful book about street children. It is aptly titled Street Children. I forgive the author for the non-creative title, because it really is opening my eyes to what happens out there.

Saw a picture of a young, poor, foreign child when I went to the bathroom today. It was just sitting there, on the diaper changing thing. That was after singing The Potter's Hand in Praise and Worship. God's not being quiet about this with me. So, I may not to get to stay close to home like I would like to. It's not going to be the easiest thing in the world, but I'm letting God teach me to take care of others before myself as well as teaching me to expand my borders and listen to what he would want me to do.

Like the cliche, not so politically correct phrase, goes: If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans.

So, those are my thoughts.

No comments: