04 December 2005

The Evils of Shopping instead of Going to Church on Sunday

That's what a family friend told us the "sermon" was this morning. He was kidding. We all went shopping instead of going to church. He's got a good sense of humor - a lot like mine, which meant he favored my choices for Apples to Apples :)

So, I went shopping to Minneapolis. Hooray for tradition. My mom and I both make a huge 'ol list for Christmas - people we need to get gifts for, what we're thinking, etc. And then we go at it. And there are things we need too. And I try things on, then my mom says, "Okay, I'm going to buy this, and then you have to forget about it until Christmas and be surprised when you open it." And I beg and plead to have it before Christmas, she doesn't plead, and I give in, but not acquiescently, dangit.

Successful shopping trip. I am now officially poor, but I have presents for *almost* everyone on my list - one person left, but I have a pretty good idea what to do. And I found some good deals - some scarves (accessories, not winter) for $4 each at Marshall Field's - that's pretty amazing. And some shoes (finally!!). Ooh, ooh, and a shirt (nice one) for $6, originally $25.

So, it was a successful, enjoyable weekend. My knee hates me for all the shopping I did - we started at about 10 on Saturday and went until about 6:30. And then we went from about 10-3:30 and then an hour on the way home. So that's a rough 15 hours of shopping, times 6 of us - 90 hours of shopping this weekend. And the back of the car was full, I tell you. Good times, good memories, except for the horrendously drunk man who tried to hit on all of us. Thank goodness they didn't tell him I was the only single person at the table.

Other than that, I have my theo paper done - finally! It's officially dead week. I'm not happy with my paper - I would have loved to spend more time on it, add more, read a few more sources, and fix some of my bad sentence structure. But time did not permit as such and my silly source never e-mailed me back, so what I have is what it is. It's still good, just not as good as I'd like. So, now, I have 4 days of classes, 1 paper, 2 exams, 2 quizzes, 1 take-home exam, and 1 test left. And moving the rest of my stuff out of the apartment.

Okay, wow, I'm wordy today. I better go put my words somewhere useful instead of in your head.

~Godbless

No comments: