30 December 2005

Kids, Planes, and Spanish Movies

Yay. What a great day. Started the day with coffee with a wonderful friend. An hour and 15 minutes later, we were caught up on life. She loves me and understands me, and I love having her in my life.

Then pursued making Chex Mix and Lemon pie. For the record, I messed up on the pie. Attempt #2 will be tomorrow. I wasn't quite logical in my baking thinking, so the pie ended up a little screwy. But it looked beautiful, so I know it will work out next time.

Afterwards, and outing with my dad around town. And then came home. My Mp3 player arrived via UPS today. I was uber excited - it wasn't supposed to come until next week some time, and now it's here. Yay! Some issues with my computer, but it for sure works on Dad's, so I know I'll get some music on it before I leave.

Then I watched "Abre Los Ojos" (Open your eyes), the movie which inspired Vanilla Sky, with my aunt. It's a crazy movie that messes with your mind, but I really liked it. Definitely need to watch it a few more times, but it was still great. And, it's in Spanish with English subtitles. From a language lover, that it the ideal movie to watch.

Afterwards, I helped my mom get ready for our final Christmas party. Then the party ensued. Corn chowder was my soup of choice for the meal (yum!), and there was great bread as well. Afterwards, tiramisu for dessert (mmm...chocolate and alcohol...). Then cards galore - lots of Rook playing. Actually went well for me this time around - took some bids and didn't get set!

Also spent a lot of time running around with the kids. One of the boys is a kid I work with at work but he's also a great family friend - he and I get along so well :) So, we played with my camera phone and laughed and tickled and ran around and did all sorts of fun stuff. And he "helped me play Rack-o". Yippy what fun.

So, another late party, another long day, and I find myself tired, once again, ready to sleep a little before another long day and late party. Tomorrow promises taking down Christmas decorations, trial #2 of lemon pies, packing, shopping (?), and a kickin' New Year's Eve party. If you're in town and want to come, you're welcome to join - the house is going to be crazy, for sure, but it will be a good time.

Then, at 2:45 in the morning, we leave for Omaha. To fly to Connecticut! Yay!! Connecticut! I am so excited to finally be going - something that's been in the works for a month now, and it's finally near - and - I may have actually succeeded in packing light for once. We'll see how I fare once I get there, though :)

To bed, to bed, to bed I said.

No comments: