27 December 2005

Snippets from the weekend...

- "But the bumblebee did not read the report."
Heard as we were scanning for KDCR on the radio...the only part we heard on the station.

- "They're full of it!"
Also heard on the radio station. A vehement man speaking of weathermen.

- When we were in Vegas... Mom: "Speaking of 16 people in one bed..."
No explanation needed here.

- "I got a wedgie and it felt good!"
Trivial pursuit. Said by a dear friend of the family, Lyle. He surprises me every time words come out of his mouth.

- "Merry Christmas!"
Yup.

- Walking a frozen lake...walking on water?
Lake Okoboji. Completely frozen. We pretended we were walking on water.

- Becoming a thief...(for one hour)
Here's the long story. On Christmas day, we had my grandparents over for Christams dinner. Then, my mom and I drove down to Sioux City to pick up my Aunt Becky. When we got there, we went to get gas before we drove up to Okoboji. Jack called right before we pulled up to the gast station, so my mom stayed in the car to talk to him. I pumped the gas and my aunt went in for some food, since she'd had none on the plane. I assumed she was paying for the gas and she assumed I was paying for the gas. We drove off. An hour later, my mom asked who had paid for the gas. We discover no one had paid for the gas! Appalled, my mom called 411, got connected to te Kum & Go, and paid for the gas. But not before we felt like thieves and wondered what would happen...

an additional note...rumor has it it's not the easiest thing to just post on the blog. I've explored, and here's what you can do. When you click on comments, you have the option on the right hand side to post. Go ahead and post. Underneath, choose the button "other" as how you're posting - you can just stick your name in (no need to put in your website unless you want to) and it should work. Let me know if it does/doesn't work.

Hope your Christmas was exciting and blessed, all at the same time. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

test comment. yes, you can do this! (think like the little engine...I think I can, I think I can.)

Anonymous said...

if'n y/all have an id, it's even easier!!