30 December 2005

Fun-filled

It's been a full day, that's for sure. Went to Sioux Falls with my mom and aunt. We went to Savers, Target, out to HuHot to eat, and we went to go see The Family Stone. Not super awesome, but it was alright.

Then, we came home and went straight to the Van Wyk's. There, we had pizza, coffee, dessert, hung out awhile, and then we played Court Whist. What a great time that was. It's a great game, full of changing rules, changing partners, and lots of laughter. There's even a round where you lose points if you talk during the round. Difficult, but I made it through. I ended up with 2 candle holders with votives - very nice decoration for the basement table, if I do say so myself.

Tomorrow is sure to satisfy as well. I start out with coffee with a dear friend - I'm looking forward to plenty of time to talk and catch up. It's been August since we actually saw each other. Then it's spending time making chex mix and the like - probably cleaning, packing, and all sorts of stuff. Then I might go see Chronicles of Narnia with my aunt. I haven't decided if I want to see it or not. All I've heard is good, but I'm not sure if I'm wanting to see it or not. We'll see what I decide. Then another Christmas party at night. That's sure to be good as well, with good soups and breads and time to enjoy each other. Lots of card playing is guaranteed - better hone up on my Rook skills.

Now I'm just waiting for a cell phone call to assure the family that Michael and Heidi made it back to Sioux City safely after a somewhat disgusting drive back. So, it's randomness and mindlessness until they call.

Hope you're safe and warm and happy. I am.

No comments: